The Sun newspaper ran a story about Lidl’s wire tables this week reporting that “everyone is going crazy” for them. I don’t usually have cause to read the Sun but I imagine it’s not often that a furniture bargain hits the headlines. No wonder this story caught the editor’s eye though. Lidl have captured perfectly the hottest table trend of the moment at an irresistible price point.
What’s the big deal about wire tables? I can think of at least 5 reasons why you might want to get on board with this trend.
5 reasons to buy a wire table
1. Wire tables tend to be affordable. There are no expensive materials or processes involved in their design, meaning you can indulge in a statement piece of furniture without major outlay.
2. Their see-through design makes them an ideal solution for smaller spaces; you can have a decent sized table without visually blocking the space.
3. They can double up as storage space, ideal for a stack of magazines or a pile of throws.
4. You can display plants in a stylish, unusual way, in the base with foliage spilling out between the wires.
5. Wire makes for a hardworking design. No need to worry or fret about coasters or endless wiping of sticky finger marks. It’s a practical choice for any home.
But what if your local Lidl’s isn’t stocking this line. Or if you like the look but the design isn’t quite right for your space.
I’ve browsed the market to bring you the very best wire tables available. Check out these lovelies.
Not a million miles from the Lidl design but the black top is edgier and the gold wire adds luxe. But at just £60 the price is still completely affordable.
This one is a very shapely offering. It’s elegant silhouette would make this a great option in any setting. Its removable tray top would be ideal for efficient clearing of wine glasses and nibble dishes at the end of the night.
The best BOGOF offer you’ll see today, this pair of tables is a winning combination of contemporary and timeless design, the marble effect top adding another on trend accent.
A slightly lower and larger option, this one would work as a coffee table in front of a sofa. It’s curves would offer an eye-catching contrast to boxier or modular sofa styles.
With its bold geometrical lines, this one stands from the crowd and at just £45 it’s the bargain of the bunch.
Habitat have been tempting me for ages with this black beauty. It’s not in stock yet but should be soon. The black wire brings an industrial vibe to the ethnic design, perfect if you want to buy into the global trend without going boho-max.
But what’s this? All the same selling points as the Habitat one, but you get two for only a little over half the price (while on offer). Having two coffee tables gives flexibility for when you’ve got guests round. And as a pair they offer fabulous styling potential.
Regular readers may remember that I have long hankered after a new coffee table. While I adore the vintage mid century table that’s currently in my living room, it’s a little heavy, and a bit, well, brown, for the space. A marble coffee table has been on my lust list for ages, but we just don’t have the cash to splurge right now.
But with La Redoute currently offering 40% off, these are an absolute steal. Yes readers, these are the one. Or rather the two. And with La Redoute’s current offer ending tonight (13 April), I’ll have to make my mind up quickly.